Level 1 Certificate in Rail Engineering Track Renewals
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Preparing to undertake duties in the rail industry
- Prepare small plant, measuring equipment and tools for Permanent Way renewal or maintenance
- Dismantling and removing Permanent Way assets and components
- Install Permanent Way assets and components
- Reinstate the work site after Permanent Way engineering activities
- Conflict Management, Employability Skills and British Valuesding British Values
Level 1 in English and maths (good level of English and maths). Demonstrate an interest in engineering/railway industry.
You will complete an initial assessment as part of the enrolment and registration process to assess your suitability for the programme.
Week beg. 9th April 2018
2 days per week, Monday and Tuesday 10:30 – 16:30
Portfolio of Evidence
Practical assessment in a railway environment
Resources or equipment required for your course
Notebooks, ruler, pens, and pencils. *Please Note: PPE will be required for offsite training: Orange Hi Vis Vest, Trousers, Helmet, and Steel Toe Cap Boots
Certification and accreditation details
- EAL Level 1 Certificate in Rail Engineering Track Renewals
- Ascentis Level 1 Award in Understanding British Values
- Level 2 Certificate in Railway
- Engineering Track Renewals.
Track Maintenance Worker, Signal Maintenance Worker, Site Controller, Protection Controller, Track inspector, Supervisor, Person in charge of Possession, Protection Master.
London Skills & Development Network (LSDN)
Croydon – CR0 0YN