Level 2 in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
This qualification is suitable for individuals with an interest in Adult Social Care. The course will cover various aspects of Adult Social Care such as communication, the role of the Social Care worker, Health and Safety, Duty of Care, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.This qualification is suitable for individuals with an interest in Adult Social Care. The course will cover various aspects of Adult Social Care such as communication, the role of the Social Care worker, Health and Safety, Duty of Care, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
To achieve the qualification, you will complete nine mandatory units including:
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in Adult Social Care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health social care or children and young people’s settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker
- Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
Level 1 in English and Maths, Level 1 Award in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care, demonstrate an interest in the Social Care sector or currently working in the sector.
You will complete an initial assessment as part of the enrolment and registration process to assess your suitability for the programme.
Start any time of the year – Enrolment is on a roll on, roll off basis.
6-7 months with 7-8 hours per week online learning.
- Online learning
- Attendance at our learning centre is weekly/monthly for planned lectures and workshops
- 1:1 tutoring and tutorial support
Portfolio of Evidence
Resources or equipment required for your course
Notebook, pen, pencil and access to a PC for home study or online learning.
Certification and accreditation details
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Further progression to Level 5 Diploma or Degree in Social work
Support Worker, Healthcare Support Service Worker, Clinical Healthcare Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Mental Health Support Worker, Mental Health Outreach Worker, Care Assistants/Support Workers/Key Workers in residential settings, Substance Misuse Worker.
London Skills & Development Network (LSDN)
Croydon – CR0 0YN