London Skills & Development Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students, staff and members of the public. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate screening and background checks including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK WITH LSDN
LSDN has Current Vacancy in the following delivery area:
- IQA for Construction Courses
- Undertake planning activities to ensure effective delivery of all teaching, learning and assessment services.
- Deliver high-quality teaching, learning and assessment which meets the needs of all LSDN learners and in line with Teacher and Trainer Professional Standards (ETF) (QTLS)
- Perform the role of Personal Tutor for designated learners in line with LSDN’s Tutorial policy and guidance.
The post holder will need to have:
- Experience working in the sector and to awarding body standards
- Hold a formal qualification in both teaching in the related sector
- The ability; to organise, plan and prioritise on own initiative, including when under pressure to meet deadlines.
A high level of IT literacy, MS Office and written and oral communication skills.
LSDN has Current Vacancy in the following delivery areas:
Health & Social Care Tutor
Teaching Assistant Tutor
Child Care Tutor
The purpose of this role is to plan and deliver effective lessons and programmes; take part in initial assessment and enrolment activities (pre-start IAG interviews); contribute to learner ILP; contribute to learner induction; provide effective teaching, learning and assessment; undertake the role of personal tutor for assigned learners; undertake regular progress reviews with learners; advise management and designated learning support coordinator of any additional learning needs learners may have; provide advice & guidance to learners regarding positive progression options and assist them with their plans and activities for positive progression to achieve its vision, objectives and performance targets; and delivering services of the highest quality and relevance to its students and users.
Delivery of Services
- The role of teacher/trainer is to plan and deliver effective lessons and programmes, including the development of necessary teaching materials and resources to enable the delivery of effective, relevant and high-quality learning programmes.
- To take part in initial assessment and enrolment activities (including IAG interviews and pre-enrolment), in line with Matrix standard.
- To contribute to completing and maintaining the learner Individual Learning Plan.
- To contribute to learner induction.
- To provide effective teaching, learning and assessment.
- To undertake the role of personal tutor for assigned learners.
- To undertake regular progress reviews with learners.
- To advise Curriculum Manager, Delivery Manager and designated Learning Support Coordinator(s) of any additional learning needs learners may have
- To provide advice & guidance to learners regarding positive progression options and to assist them with their plans and activities for positive progression.
- Prepare feedback or reports on training groups, targets and accomplishments.
- Work closely with the Education Administration Manager to provide accurate information in a timely manner in line with LSDN quality management systems.
- Attend staff meetings and monthly TLA meetings.
Quality of Services
- Demonstrate a thorough and up to date knowledge of the teaching of your subject and take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work.
- Consistently and effectively plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual needs.
- Consistently and effectively use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and classroom management.
- Consistently and effectively use information about prior attainment to set well-grounded expectations for students and monitor progress to give clear, appropriate and constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate that, as a result of your teaching, your students achieve well, relative to the students’ prior attainment.
- Contribute to and actively take part in lesson observations and any review of learning processes to help improve your own and wider organisational teaching and learning quality.
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues to share good practice and develop effective and innovative learning strategies and solutions.
- Support students to make informed choices about progression on completion of their programmes and provide necessary support and resources to support positive progression into careers and further learning.
- Effectively access and use data and management information to inform your understanding of the performance of the courses and training you provide and use such information to drive improvement in your practice.
- Take responsibility for your professional development and use the outcomes to improve your teaching and students’ learning.
If you are interested in volunteering work, please send your CV and area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org